Saturday, January 9, 2010

Returning Paintings

At last I have finished the job in Bangalore. Right now, I am blogging from Hotel Bangalore Gate at Bangalore. I finished returning all paintings which we had borrowed for the exhibition 'Mysore Masters'. It is a huge responsibility to take care of the paintings since it belongs to others. If even one is not handled properly the repurcussions are very grave.

First, the paintings are old, some of them are not even framed properly. Second, the artists are not alive, hence if a painting gets damaged or misplaced, there is no way of getting a new one done.

In fact I got cold feet just before leaving for Bangalore yesterday. Gyani stayed back at Mysore and this created panic in me. Suddenly, I felt the task was too huge and I doubted whether I am capable of pulling it through. Thankfully Srikanth was there to help me out by being with me. Thanks, Srikanth. And a huge thanks to all private collectors and family members of artists for having faith in us (Ramsons Kala Pratishtana) and lending us their invaluable paintings for the exhibition. All of you are wonderful and great. Thanks a ton to all of you.

1 comment:

  1. No one has made a comment about your hard work, so, after 8 years read this - Well done! Fantastic exhibition! :)

    ReplyDelete